Resources to manage on-farm biosecurity
July 08 2022
- There are a number of resources available to help producers mitigate biosecurity risks
- Clear, correct and complete NVDs and animal movement records in the NLIS database are vital resources that will assist you and industry discern where livestock contact has occurred
- Resources under the Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) such as property risk assessments and farm biosecurity plans are another effective resource to manage biosecurity risks.
Further resources to help manage biosecurity risks:
- Learn more about your requirements under the NLIS to ensure the lifetime traceability of livestock.
- Learn more about your biosecurity requirements
- Learn more about your Property Risk Assessment requirements under the LPA
- Access ISC’s step-by-step guide to create and upload documents to your LPA account.
- Find out about the nationally-agreed approach to respond to emergency animal disease (EAD) incidents in Australia called AUSVETPLAN.
- Contact the Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline on 1800 675 888 if you suspect Lumpy Skin Disease (LSD) or Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) in your livestock
- Find out what the symptoms are of FMD and LSD are via the Animal Health Australia website so you can remain vigilant on the lookout:
Webinar: Biosecurity preparedness
Find out how to protect your livestock and livelihood from biosecurity risks and learn practical hints and tips.
When: Tuesday 9 August
Time: 6:00pm AEST