1. General policy
Integrity Systems Company Limited ABN 34 134 745 038 (ISC Ltd) administers the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS), the Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program and Livestock Data Link (LDL). NLIS is Australia's system for livestock identification and traceability. The LPA program is the Australian livestock industry’s on-farm food safety program. LDL is a carcase feedback and reporting system designed to, among other things: (i) calculate carcase compliance; (ii) enable performance benchmarking within a herd, and at a regional, State and National level; and (iii) provide a library of solutions on how to address carcase compliance issues on farm.
2. Types of personal information collected
The personal information which ISC Ltd collects and holds generally includes your name and contact details (such as your phone number, address and email address).
We will ordinarily identify at the time of collecting your personal information which elements we require to facilitate your interaction with ISC Ltd.
You may be able to deal with ISC Ltd without identifying yourself (ie anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances, such as when you make a general enquiry about ISC Ltd, the NLIS, the LPA program or LDL. If you wish to do so, please contact us to find out if this is practicable in your circumstances.
3. Methods of collection of personal information
ISC Ltd also automatically collects certain information when you visit its websites. Such information includes your browser type, server address, operating system type, your IP address, how and when you use the websites and previous websites visited.
ISC Ltd uses this information on an anonymous basis and does not use it to personally identify you unless required to do so by law.
You do not have to provide your personal information to ISC Ltd but, if you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services, including access to the NLIS, the LPA program and LDL.
4. Purposes for holding and using personal information
ISC Ltd uses the personal information that it collects for the purposes for which it was provided to ISC Ltd (which will normally be obvious at the time ISC Ltd collects it), to fulfil its legal obligations, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include:
- in the case of NLIS Personal Information, administration of the NLIS;
- in the case of LPA Personal Information, administration of the LPA and for the purposes of NLIS and LDL;
- in the case of LDL Personal Information, administration of the LDL; and
- in the case of all personal information ISC holds, carrying out ISC Ltd's business activities which are detailed generally on ISC Ltd's websites. ISC Ltd’s general purposes may also include:
- providing products and services that you have requested and responding to your enquiries;
- conducting specific projects or trials in which you have chosen to participate;
- administering industry committees or forums;
- maintaining and improving the NLIS, the LPA, the LDL and ISC Ltd's websites, web applications and services;
- alerting you to information that might be held by ISC relating to you, your PIC or your animals; and
- sending marketing or other material that ISC Ltd considers will be useful (if you have consented to receiving this). If ISC Ltd is notified that you do not wish to receive such information, it will not send it to you. This does not apply to information that we are legally required to send.
Where ISC Ltd requests personal information, ISC Ltd will state the general purposes for its use.
ISC Ltd and Meat & Livestock Australia Limited (MLA) (a related body corporate of ISC Ltd) may also from time to time send marketing material that they consider may be useful (if you have consented to receiving this). They may also send non-marketing material about ISC Ltd or MLA. If ISC Ltd is notified that a person does not wish to receive such information, it will not send it to that person. This does not apply to information that we are legally required to send.
5. Disclosure of personal information
ISC Ltd only discloses:
- LPA Personal Information in accordance with the LPA Rules;
- Other Personal Information for ISC Ltd's business purposes.
Depending on the product or service, NLIS Personal Information, LPA Personal Information, LDL Personal Information and Other Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- MLA and its related entities and representatives, for the purposes of:
a. the administration of the NLIS, LPA and LDL;
b. Meat Standards Australia including inclusion on the database for Meat Standards Australia; and
c. the administration of a customer relationship management system for users of the NLIS, LPA, LDL and MSA.
- external service providers (on a confidential basis and such service providers will be limited in their use of the information to the purpose of ISC Ltd's business only);
- specialist advisers to ISC Ltd who have been engaged to provide ISC Ltd with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; and
- any other person notified to you or authorised by you, implicitly or expressly, when the personal information is provided to or collected by ISC Ltd.
In addition, in response to a legal requirement, in an emergency or in exceptional circumstances, ISC Ltd may authorise the release of personal information as permitted or required by law.
Some of MLA's related entities and representatives to whom ISC Ltd may disclose your personal information are located overseas, such as in the United States, Japan, Korea, Europe, China, Indonesia, Russia, the Philippines, India, Malaysia and Vietnam.
6. Security of personal information
ISC Ltd takes reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Sensitive information
ISC Ltd does not generally collect any sensitive information as that term is used in the privacy legislation (including information relating to racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health or medical history). If ISC Ltd holds any sensitive personal information, that information will only be used and disclosed by ISC Ltd for the purpose for which it was provided.
If ISC Ltd asks for sensitive information from a person, ISC Ltd will explain the reason for collecting that information at the time of collection.
8. Access to personal information
9. Correction of personal information
10. Cookies, analytics and internet statistics
ISC Ltd uses “cookies” on its websites and web applications, including the NLIS, LPA and LDL.
Cookies typically contain a string of text (or unique identifier), so that when a website “sees” the unique cookie it set in your browser, that website knows it has seen your browser before. This means if you use a different Device, open a new web browser or delete all your cookies, the websites you visit afterwards will treat you as if you have arrived for the first time.
What do cookies do?
Cookies do a range of things. Some types of cookies are essential for the functioning of a site or to perform tasks requested by a user, such as accessing secure areas of a site or to use a shopping cart. Some types of cookies gather information about how visitors use a website, monitor site performance, and help to optimise online and mobile experiences for users. Others are used to recognise users and remember user preferences (for example, your city or region).
ISC Ltd uses a range of cookie types across its various websites and web applications, including the NLIS, LPA and LDL. These cookies assist in identifying registered users and delivering content specific to your interests. They also assist ISC Ltd to log your visit for statistical and business purposes.
Some cookies are placed by ISC Ltd and some are placed by third parties, such as ISC Ltd’s web analytics service providers (discussed below).
Some cookies placed by or on behalf of ISC Ltd may be capable of personally identifying you when combined with other information held by ISC Ltd.
Analytics and cookies
ISC Ltd uses web analytics services provided by third party providers, to analyse how visitors use its websites, web applications, the NLIS, LPA and LDL.
The data collected about your use of ISC Ltd's websites, web applications, the NLIS, LPA and LDL includes the IP address assigned by your internet service provider, your internet service provider's top level domain name (e.g.: .com, .net, .gov, .au etc.), the type of browser and operating system you used, the time and date of your visit, the website you visited prior to the ISC Ltd website or the NLIS, LPA or LDL, the pages you accessed and the amount of time you spent on individual pages, and the files you downloaded.
ISC Ltd uses the information collected by its analytics service providers to maintain and improve its website, web applications, services, the NLIS, LPA and LDL.
You can delete cookies by changing your privacy preferences in your browser. You also have the ability to accept or block cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to block cookies if you prefer. You will also be presented with a “Cookies Banner” giving you the option to accept or decline cookies when you first visit ISC Ltd’s websites.
Please note that, as indicated above, declining or blocking cookies means you will not be able to use some of the features of ISC Ltd's websites, web applications, the NLIS, LPA or LDL.
11. How to make a complaint
ISC Ltd will refer your complaint to its Privacy Officer who will investigate the issue and determine the steps that ISC Ltd will undertake to resolve your complaint. ISC Ltd will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. If you are not satisfied with ISC Ltd's determination, you can contact ISC Ltd to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
13. Contact ISC Ltd
Last updated October 2020