LPA Rules & Standards
The LPA program operates under Rules and Standards agreed to and maintained by the Integrity Systems Taskforce. Accredited producers must operate in accordance with these Rules and Standards, and agree to do so as part of the LPA accreditation and reaccreditation process.
The LPA Rules set out the requirements for participation in the LPA Program. Click here to view the current LPA Rules document (V1.21).
The current LPA Rules (V1.21) include the following changes:
- Section 11.3.5 – Amendments have been made to clarify the replacement policy for Invalid NVDs
- Section 12, Table 1 – A definition for Minor Non-Conformances has been added to Table 1
- Section 12.4 – A new section has been included to outline the actions required when a Minor Non-Conformance is raised at audit
- Section 13 – A new section has been included to outline the process that is followed for managing non-conformances identified outside of an audit
- Section 18 – Amendments have been made to clarify the purpose for the disclosure of LPA data to ISC and MLA
- Section 19 – Consequential amendments have been made to Section 19 to align with the amendments made under Section 18
- Annexure 2 – Amendments have been made to reflect the introduction of new NVD versions (07/20) and the phase-out of the current versions from 1 January 2021
Under the LPA rules each producer acknowledges that:
a) Integrity Systems Company Limited administers the LPA;
b) these Rules evidence a binding legal agreement between each Producer and Integrity Systems Company Limited; and any reference to rights or obligations of the Committee under these Rules, includes, rights and obligations of Integrity Systems Company.
The LPA Standards are based on the seven program elements and are the approved standards for the LPA program. Click here to view the current LPA Standards document (V22)
The LPA Standards are based upon seven key areas:
1. Property risk assessment
2. Safe and responsible animal treatments
3. Stock foods, fodder crops, grain and pasture treatments
4. Preparation for dispatch of livestock
5. Livestock transactions and movements
7. Animal welfare
Changes incorporated into V22 of the LPA Standards include the addition of a new Performance Checklist item 10 under Element 3 relating to Alternate Feedstuff and references to Alternate Feedstuff under Element 3 Performance Indicator 3 and Performance Indicator 5.