Red Meat 2019 - Accelerated Adoption Initiative
Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) recently announced the Red Meat 2019 - Accelerated Adoption Initiative which means cattle, sheep and goat levy-payers can now access a wide range of MLA products and services delivered directly to them at no cost. The program came into effect on 25 November 2019 and will operate until 30 June 2021.
Transaction levies will not change and will still be collected by and paid under the normal levy collection process.
Under the Accelerated Adoption Initiative, MLA will provide a temporary relief for costs incurred for the delivery of key products and services, from MLA, directly to red meat levy payers. Products eligible for alternative funding include LPA Production Assurance (LPA) accreditation and reaccreditation, LPA National Vendor Declaration (NVD) books, eDEC tokens and hardcopy LPA materials.
There will be no change to the services offered by Integrity Systems Company (ISC). It is business and usual and we will continue to support producers through our red meat integrity programs.
What this means:
- There will be nothing to pay for LPA accreditation and reaccreditation, National Vendor Declaration (NVD) books, eDEC tokens and hardcopy LPA materials from Monday 25 November 2019 until 30 June 2021.
- Current order processes will remain in place.
- The cost of these items will still be invoiced and include an Accelerated Adoption Initiative credit so there is no further cost to the levy payer.
- Refunds, rebates or returns for costs already incurred will not be made. This includes costs incurred on relevant products and services made prior to 25 November 2019 or after 30 June 2021.
- Producers are still required to complete the LPA learning and assessment when applying for LPA accreditation or when their LPA reaccreditation is due.
- LPA Accredited producers may still be selected for a random or targeted audit.
- The LPA program will continue to operate in line with current Program Rules and Standards and accredited producers are expected to continue to comply with LPA requirements.
- The products and services provided directly to levy payers under the Red Meat 2019 – Accelerated Adoption initiative will be alternatively funded during the period 25 November 2019 to 30 June 2021.
More information about the Red Meat 2019 – Accelerated Adoption Initiative can be found on the MLA website www.mla.com.au/AAI
More information about the initiative as it applies to red meat integrity programs including LPA and NVDs can be found in the FAQ’s below or by contacting:
Phone: 1800 683 111